Selling your home is a complex process and there are a lot of factors that you will need to consider. Your goal will be to sell your home in a timely manner, while getting the highest price you can.
However, many properties sell at a discount because the buyer is able to negotiate a lower price on the property.
Although it is impossible to guarantee that you will receive your full asking price when you sell your home, there are things that you can do to increase the likelihood of this happening. You will need to have a strategy that attracts highly motivated buyers and improves competition.
Here Are Some Tips To Keep In Mind That Will Help You To Get The Full Asking Price When You Are Selling Your Home:
- First of all, make sure that you have a reasonable asking price to start with. Research your local real estate market and find out what other buyers paid for homes comparable to yours.
- Hire a home inspector to perform a full inspection of your home, so that you can fix any problems. If there are damages to your plumbing system, make sure to have them fixed by a professional plumbing contractor. You should also check your hvac system to determine if it requires servicing. If you can show the buyer the repair receipts and inspection report, you will be in a better position to ask for full price.
- First impressions are very important and can improve a buyer’s perception of your home’s value. Make sure that your property has plenty of curb appeal and feels welcoming. Your roof is big part of your home’s exterior so it would be beneficial to get a commercial roofing replacement if your roof has damages.
- De-clutter and clean your home – this makes it appear more spacious and luxurious and will make a buyer willing to pay more.
- Ask your real estate agent to create a flyer that compares your home’s price to other similar listings in the area – showing that your home is a great deal. This will convince buyers that your asking price is already discounted.
- Schedule your property tours as close together as possible. This can mean that you get multiple offers at around the same time, which will encourage the buyer who is eager to seal the deal to pay full price.
- If you have any rooms with bright colours that might not appeal to the average buyer, give them a quick makeover with neutral tones. These are safe colours that will increase the odds that your home will sell.
- If you have the budget to renovate one of the rooms in your home, it should be the kitchen or the bathroom. Studies have shown that renovations and upgrades in those two rooms have the most impact on the potential selling price of the home.
With these tips, you should be more likely to achieve the full asking price when you are selling your home. For more tips, contact your trusted real estate professional.